TSG Metrics, the strategic research and analysis division of TSG, provides the Payments Industry with highly focused research and industry-wide studies. TSG Metrics takes data, boils it down to information, transforms it to knowledge and presents it to provide wisdom to its client partners.
The Strawhecker Group's strategic research service is performed by professional researchers with the capability to produce timely and relevant information customized for your company. TSG's strategic research service has the capability to research and prepare any statistics, trends, articles, legal cases, or reports needed for all clients of TSG. Examples of recent studies TSG has completed include: M&A activity reports, ISV research, ACH providers overview, gateway competitive analyses, industry vertical growth reports, and company capsules of software providers utilizing payments integration.
TSG eReports Subscription
TSG’s eReports Subscription Service contains a vast number of up-to-date industry reports, covering a wide breadth of topics. Becoming a subscriber provides you and your company with unparalleled primary data not available anywhere in the industry.
- Access to eReports published during subscription period
- Premium includes a monthly allocation of ad-hoc consulting, while standard does not
- Subscription grants access across an organization
- Competitive, low-monthly rate for subscribers
- Significant benefit to acquirers, card brands, technology companies and investors
Click here to learn more about the subscription options and report details.
Acquiring Industry Metrics (AIM)
AIM is a data warehouse populated with merchant level data. AIM has a consistent dataset of more than six years from over three million merchants. The dataset represents over 30% of the U.S. card accepting market. AIM was previously called the Merchant Portfolio Performance Study (MPPS).
To learn more about AIM, please contact Josh Istas at JIstas@TheStrawGroup.com.
An Independent Software Vendor, or ISV, is a company that provides software solutions that aid in managing different functions of a business operation. Generally, these software vendors specialize their solution to a specific merchant vertical market. These verticals oftentimes can be very granular. For example, golf clubs fall under hospitality sector within the broader property management vertical.
Why are ISVs important to the payments industry?
Independent software vendors often integrate, or are primed to integrate, payments features into their software. These vendors offer payments companies a complementary solution and open up a new merchant sales channel. The ISV channel is often characterized by high merchant retention rates, due to the integral role a multi-functional software system provides.
TSG offers three main services for companies looking to integrate with ISVs:
- Target merchant vertical selection via TSG’s powerful data warehouse of 3.5+ million merchants
- TSG is able to identify the most attractive merchant verticals based on the specific needs and desires of the client. Sample criteria could include profitability threshold, attrition rate, geographic region, and much more.
- ISV research services to identify and prioritize ISVs within a particular vertical
- TSG provides company information that can help prioritize ISV targets such as market share, current payment partnerships, and more. For context, Take a look at a sample from a TSG’s Restaurant ISV Directory.
- ISV research services to identify contacts at target ISVs
- TSG can provide contact names, titles, email addresses, phone numbers, and physical addresses for target ISVs