CLIMATE provides near real-time analysis of aggregated U.S. consumer spending, mobility, and behavioral trends.
Looking for timely consumer spend data?
Please complete the form below and a TSG representative will follow-up.
Precise and Comprehensive
Data comprises all consumer transactions within the population set, including credit card, debit card, and cash transactions via point-of-sale and online channels. CLIMATE spans over 300 million U.S. consumers in 120 million households, with in-store spending origins available by both resident and merchant location, and by total volume or volume per square mile.
The dataset is not sourced from TSG’s AIM platform. It is sourced primarily from issuers and merchants through an external data partner, Replica. Replica provides detailed, recent data covering mobility, economic activity, demographics, and land use, with nationwide coverage.
Real and Representative
CLIMATE has two primary types of sources: merchant acquiring data, which ties transactions to the venue where they occurred; and bank issuing data. Unlike inferential or anecdotal sources such as surveys and synthetic statistics, CLIMATE reflects real consumer purchasing, behavioral activity, and merchant performance.
Timely and Complimentary
Access up-to-date weekly data, with each week available approximately four business days after the preceding Sunday. Data is available in monthly, weekly, weekend, and weekday parcels, from the whole of the U.S. down to an individual census tract.
Using payment data sourced from the transaction location, and bank issuing data, CLIMATE provides timely analysis of aggregated U.S. consumer spending, mobility, and behavioral trends down to the census tract level, across several verticals, including retail, restaurant, tourism, and more. CLIMATE is a key tool for investors, retailers, marketers, payments professionals, and bankers.
Payments Focused Sales
CLIMATE can guide merchant acquiring sales teams on resource dedication and prioritization based on granular merchant performance data by geography in a non-static fashion.
Insights and data on attractive industry segments and geographies can assist payments companies in identifying new industry targets and customer segments to drive revenue, profitability, and higher valuations.
CLIMATE can help guide companies on expansion planning in a granular geographic location. An example could be a bank that is evaluating branch locations in a specific city and wants to understand consumer foot traffic in the area.
Companies can benchmark themselves against economic conditions, and industry performance to understand where they stack up in relation to the market and competition.
Companies can utilize information derived from CLIMATE to build personalized marketing campaigns based on spending performance and mobility trends by granular geographic locations or characteristics.
Fraud and Risk
By identifying costumer characteristics and spending patterns, companies can determine when certain trends deviate suspiciously to detect and prevent fraudulent and nefarious user and non-user behavior.
CLIMATE pairs with a full-service market intelligence team for unprecedented access to near real-time data and insights to fit your needs and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Weekly Reporting: The Weekly Consumer Spending Report is a subset of CLIMATE and includes timely economic data. Subscribers gain weekly insight utilizing near real-time data to highlight consumer spending, spending as a percentage of online vs. in-store, and volume change week-to-week.
- Custom Ad-hocs: Support business intelligence efforts with data extracts and analysis tailored to your needs. CLIMATE data can be delivered at custom intervals providing unique, powerful insight that can be used for various use cases, including predictive modeling.
- Web Portal: Leverage an easy-to-use web-based interface, that allows the user to customize and analyze data in real-time. All data, charts, and maps illustrated are available to download for out-of-portal analysis. Features API access for integration with your own preferred third-party tools.
About the Data
- Data is generated from synthetically modulated outputs that exhibit real-life behavior without compromising privacy or accuracy.
- Transaction data is consumer-focused and does not include typical household costs, such as mortgage payments, rent, healthcare costs, or vehicle loan payments. Business-to-Business and related wholesale transactions are also not included.
- The dataset is not sourced from TSG’s AIM platform. It is sourced primarily from issuers and merchants through an external data partner, Replica. Replica provides detailed, recent data covering mobility, economic activity, demographics, and land use, with nationwide coverage.