TSG has released a variety of COVID-19 content to highlight the impact to the payments industry. See below for a collection of resources from articles to infographics. Feel free to share these insights with your colleagues!
This post is updated as new content is published. Stay tuned!
- 9/16/20: TSG Commentary – Payments Trends that Will Outlive COVID [Article]
- This article provides a selection of industry trends we have observed recently that we expect to outlive the pandemic
- 7/29/20: The Economic Rebound – The State of U.S. Businesses and Consumer Spend [White Paper]
- TSG has published a white paper investigating the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the U.S. economy and the potential recovery of industries and states throughout the nation
- 7/08/20: What is My Multiple? Finding Clarity in the Chaos of Merchant Portfolio Deals [Infographic]
- COVID-19 has had a direct impact on valuations and multiples, from both buyer’s and seller’s perspectives. As such, TSG has prepared the following infographic to provide clarity in the chaos.
- 7/01/20: SMBs in a Pandemic World: The Race to Reopen [Infographic]
- TSG and ETA share findings from a recently conducted survey of SMBs in the U.S. market as a follow-up to their first survey in March
- 6/17/20: TSG Commentary – What a Difference Eight Weeks Makes [Article]
- A follow-up to the article below, covering the latest we’ve heard from merchant acquirers (and it seems to be positive…)
- 6/11/20: Confessions of a SMB – Swimtastic Swim School (MCC 7299) [Article]
- Swimtastic Nebraska owners Sanjay Garapati & Dave Sall discuss the struggles their small business has faced dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic
- 6/10/20: The Great Migration to eCommerce [Infographic]
- TSG prepared an infographic covering recent trends and how certain payments industry players, such as gateways, are critical to the shift to eCommerce
- 5/27/20: April Card Volume Insights [Press]
- A quarter of U.S. businesses saw a decline of over 50% in April debit/credit card volume compared to February, TSG data finds
- 5/27/20: Geographic “Snapback” Insights [Infographic]
- TSG overlaid spend metrics and economic data across the nation’s 10 largest states (by population) to determine their ability to snapback from COVID-19
- 4/30/20: Confessions of a SMB – A Tale of Two Restaurants (MCC 5812) [Article]
- The ‘eating and drinking’ vertical accounts for nearly 20% of small and medium business (SMB) credit/debit card volume in the U.S.
- 4/21/20: Consumer Spending Insights [Infographic]
- TSG conducted a survey of 506 consumers in the U.S., with the goal of understanding the impact COVID-19 has had on U.S. consumer spending
- 4/16/20: Confessions of a SMB – Optometry (MCC 8042) [Article]
- Dr. Michelle tells us how her card volume has shifted from her physical POS (and primary merchant acquirer) to online orders instead (via a new provider)
- 4/10/20: TSG Commentary – Impact to Merchant Acquirers [Article]
- This article covers key points that emerged in TSG’s ongoing discussions with U.S. based merchant acquirers
- 4/09/20: TSG & ETA SMB Insights [Report]
- TSG and ETA share findings from a survey of over 350 small to medium sized businesses (SMBs) in the U.S. market
We Can Help
This data is an example of the type of actionable research and data TSG can prepare based on your needs. Whether it is strategy, market intelligence, or analytics, we can help. Let us know your needs by emailing Info@TheStrawGroup.com