As we start the second half of the year, it is apparent that one of the top issues that payments providers need to be on top of is Operation Choke Point. Operation Choke Point is an effort by the federal government to cut off fraudulent merchants’ access to the financial system. While the payments industry may agree with the ultimate goal of removing unseemly players, over the past few months, the Justice Department (via the FTC) has created a sense of uncertainty around what merchant types are “high risk” and therefore not suitable to process electronic transactions.
- TSG Analysis: Fiserv Acquisition of First Data
- HPS Brings World-class Payments Platform to U.S.
- A new Square debit card makes it easy for businesses to spend their Square revenue
- Fiserv to buy First Data in $22 billion stock deal
- The Strawhecker Group (TSG) Announces Retirement of CFO David Laferla
- Elavon Acquires CenPOS | Paya Acquires First Billing Services | Mastercard Modernizes Logo
- TSYS Launches Vital Branded POS for SMBs
- Square Hires New CFO
- NewsFilter’s Top 10 Headlines of 2018
- MINDBODY Enters into Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by Vista Equity Partners for $1.9 Billion