As we start the second half of the year, it is apparent that one of the top issues that payments providers need to be on top of is Operation Choke Point. Operation Choke Point is an effort by the federal government to cut off fraudulent merchants’ access to the financial system. While the payments industry may agree with the ultimate goal of removing unseemly players, over the past few months, the Justice Department (via the FTC) has created a sense of uncertainty around what merchant types are “high risk” and therefore not suitable to process electronic transactions.
- TransactionWatch – Week of July 19th – July 23rd
- Bitcoin = World Peace?
- TSG Announces Shopping Cart Provider of the Year
- Capchase raises $280M to scale its financing platform for subscription businesses
- Venmo finally ditches controversial feature over privacy concerns
- Shift4 Payments Announces Proposed Public Offering of Class A Common Stock
- New EU tax rules stand to stimulate cross-border payments for U.S. merchants
- TransactionWatch – Week of July 12th – July 16th
- Square Announces New Business
- Billtrust Expands Accounts Receivable and Integrated B2B Payments Capability with KONE Inc.