Week 3 of ‘Payments Analytics Month’ illustrates a selection of vital data-points from TSG’s research divison. In an industry where credible intel is top-of-mind, TSG has the go-to data for clients.
Click the links below for illustrations and additional data points
- How Much is the Market Growing
- How much is the U.S. payments market growing? It depends. It depends on the time period, the calculation, the definition of growth, and the data set. TSG has prepared a collection of growth rates from an aggregation of public sources (left chart) and TSG’s AIM database of 3.7M card accepting merchants (right charts). One thing is for sure – the industry is healthy.
- ISV Long Tail Analysis – Health & Beauty Space
- Partnering with the 10 largest ISVs in the defined health & beauty vertical provides access to 42% of all estimated card processing volume (via the ISV channel) in this vertical.
- Performance of Public Payments Companies
- The illustration shows the performance of a $100 investment in an index of selected payments companies which represent the “TSG Payments Index” – this index is calculated on a value weighted basis using market capitalization and is compared to the S&P 500 which is also calculated using the same methodology.
- Google Trends – Card Networks
- While Visa and Mastercard dominate the U.S. payment network market, a major reason search results trend below other networks is likely the fact that Visa and Mastercard do not have a direct relationship with the consumer market (i.e. the relationship is with the cardholder’s bank); whereas PayPal, American Express, and Discover do have direct consumer relationships, which will drive more consumer web searches.
TSG’s dedicated team of analysts can complete any ad-hoc request by its clients. Email us to setup a time to discuss your project.
Looking for ISVs? TSG can curate custom-ISV target lists to help you penetrate specific verticals.