In light of the holiday (or spooky darkness rather!), the final week of ‘Payments Analytics Month’ illustrates a selection of ghoulish Halloween related content pulled from The Strawhecker Group’s (TSG) Acquiring Industry Metrics (AIM) platform. See below for the gory details!
- Zombie Merchant Impact Over Time
- Zombie Merchants are those that generate revenue with zero processing volume. Zombie merchants reflect the amount of “silent attrition” within a portfolio and contribute to the total effective attrited volume.
- Zombie merchants contributed a higher amount to volume attrition after the EMV liability shift, but have since rebounded. See the chart.
- October 2017 Forecasted Variety Store Same-Store-Sales
- Variety stores are forecasted to grow 6.0% in October 2017 compared to the previous year. Also illustrated is average ticket, gross processing revenue, and net processing revenue data points.