Household Appliance Stores, Lumber & Building Stores, and Automotive Tire Stores will be among the “winners” in December consumer spending, according to ETA’s U.S. Retail Holiday Spending Report Card, powered by TSG. TSG used predictive modeling to relatively “grade” estimated credit/debit same store sales for the month of December, which established the winners. The data leveraged is sourced from TSG’s data warehouse of over 3.5 million card-accepting merchants in the U.S. and the modeling utilized 57 consecutive months of spending by merchant type (MCC code).
- TransactionWatch – Week of October 18th – October 22nd
- PayPal + Pinterest?
- US online sales will top $200 billion this holiday season: Adobe
- Facebook’s digital wallet finally launches… without Diem cryptocurrency
- PayPal is in late-stage talks to acquire Pinterest
- Jack Dorsey says Square might get into bitcoin mining, sending the cryptocurrency surging
- Fiserv to Expand Digital Storefront Capabilities with Acquisition of BentoBox
- Softbank, Amazon, Accel and others put $108M in Brazilian banking and payments infra provider Pismo
- Klarna strengthens credit checks in the UK as regulators crack down on ‘buy now, pay later’
- TransactionWatch – Week of October 11th – October 15th