The report, produced by ETA and The Strawhecker Group, examines the top five topics impacting the industry this year including: data breaches, PayPal’s split from eBay, Apple Pay, the competition between Amazon and Square, and EMV. The report then discusses payments indicators currently affecting the industry. One such indicator, the TSG Payments Index (TSGPX), compares payments companies to the S&P 500 and finds that a $100 investment in the TSGPX in Q1 2007 would now be valued at $286, as compared to $138 if invested in the S&P 500. Other indicators to follow include a look at the balance between merchant attrition and growth, and a review of 90 payments acquisitions from 2000 – 2014.
- Bitcoin is Swinging Wildly…Again
- Now Available: Braintree Company Analysis
- BofA/First Data Breaking Up?
- Square Not Worried About Industry’s Mergers
- ETA/TSG U.S. Spending Snapshot: Consumer Spending Via Electronic Payments Sees Growth in Q4 2018 Year-Over-Year
- Happenings @ TSG – Spring 2019
- Toast Challenges First Data in Restaurant POS Market
- Shopify unveils a new lineup of retail hardware
- Visa partners FIS to push DLT-based platform for international corporate payments
- TSG Big Data: Profitability of Merchants in the U.S.