The report, produced by ETA and The Strawhecker Group, examines the top five topics impacting the industry this year including: data breaches, PayPal’s split from eBay, Apple Pay, the competition between Amazon and Square, and EMV. The report then discusses payments indicators currently affecting the industry. One such indicator, the TSG Payments Index (TSGPX), compares payments companies to the S&P 500 and finds that a $100 investment in the TSGPX in Q1 2007 would now be valued at $286, as compared to $138 if invested in the S&P 500. Other indicators to follow include a look at the balance between merchant attrition and growth, and a review of 90 payments acquisitions from 2000 – 2014.
- TSG Analysis: Fiserv Acquisition of First Data
- HPS Brings World-class Payments Platform to U.S.
- A new Square debit card makes it easy for businesses to spend their Square revenue
- Fiserv to buy First Data in $22 billion stock deal
- The Strawhecker Group (TSG) Announces Retirement of CFO David Laferla
- Elavon Acquires CenPOS | Paya Acquires First Billing Services | Mastercard Modernizes Logo
- TSYS Launches Vital Branded POS for SMBs
- Square Hires New CFO
- NewsFilter’s Top 10 Headlines of 2018
- MINDBODY Enters into Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by Vista Equity Partners for $1.9 Billion