The report, produced by ETA and The Strawhecker Group, examines the top five topics impacting the industry this year including: data breaches, PayPal’s split from eBay, Apple Pay, the competition between Amazon and Square, and EMV. The report then discusses payments indicators currently affecting the industry. One such indicator, the TSG Payments Index (TSGPX), compares payments companies to the S&P 500 and finds that a $100 investment in the TSGPX in Q1 2007 would now be valued at $286, as compared to $138 if invested in the S&P 500. Other indicators to follow include a look at the balance between merchant attrition and growth, and a review of 90 payments acquisitions from 2000 – 2014.
- TransactionWatch – Week of March 1st – March 5th
- Square (Hip) Hops Into Streaming With Stake in Tidal
- Bitfinex launches cryptocurrency payment gateway for merchants
- Shift4 Payments Announces Acquisition of VenueNext to Power Sports Stadiums, Entertainment Venues and Theme Parks
- Square acquires majority of Tidal, Jay-Z’s streaming service, in $297 million deal.
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks will accept dogecoin for tickets and merchandise
- Credit Card Killer? Buy Now, Pay Later Booms With Young Americans
- Twitter tests new eCommerce features for tweets
- Indonesian payments infra startup Xendit raises $64.6M in Accel-led Series B
- TransactionWatch – Week of February 22nd – February 26th