The report, produced by ETA and The Strawhecker Group, examines the top five topics impacting the industry this year including: data breaches, PayPal’s split from eBay, Apple Pay, the competition between Amazon and Square, and EMV. The report then discusses payments indicators currently affecting the industry. One such indicator, the TSG Payments Index (TSGPX), compares payments companies to the S&P 500 and finds that a $100 investment in the TSGPX in Q1 2007 would now be valued at $286, as compared to $138 if invested in the S&P 500. Other indicators to follow include a look at the balance between merchant attrition and growth, and a review of 90 payments acquisitions from 2000 – 2014.
- Elavon Makes Acquisition | Bitcoin Plummets | Macy’s Hacked
- What PayPal’s Acquisition of Honey Means for Its E-Commerce Plans
- Citi Helps Clients Collect Cross-Border B2B Payments with a New Platform, Citi® Global Collect
- Keeping a Pulse on the Payment Gateway Market
- Elavon to acquire Sage Pay, a gateway that competes with Stripe, PayPal and Adyen, for $300M
- PayPal Pulls Out of Pornhub
- Are You Ready for 2020?
- U.S. Holiday Sales Could Top $1 Trillion, With Mobile Payments Growing 32%
- Rapyd unveils Singapore platform to help firms go cashless
- The Monetization of Software Volume Gold Rush