“I wanted to own my own business, and I saw a need in the market,” said Kurt Strawhecker, Founder and Partner at The Strawhecker Group (TSG). This was in 2006, when he and Jamie Savant launched TSG, a consulting firm focused on the global payments industry. Ten years later, their business has grown and the industry has evolved, however their core principles have remained the same.
“Being a boutique consulting firm with such a specific offering provides us, and in turn our clients, an advantage,” said Jamie Savant, Co-Founder and Partner. “Our team is made up of payments experts averaging over 20 years of experience, so we are more efficient and higher value than a big five consulting firm, because we have seen so much of it before.”
TSG Turns Ten: 10 Quick Facts
1. TSG has completed thousands of projects for over 550 companies, from fintech startups to Fortune 500 companies
2. The average TSG Associate has 23 years of payments industry experience
3. TSG has advised on 27 successful acquisitions and investment transactions
4. TSG has completed over 170 financial valuations of payments companies
5. Clients of TSG have often experienced ROIs on their TSG consulting investment of over 50:1
6. TSG was honored as Business Partner of the Year by the Electronic Transactions Association in 2010
7. TSG’s unique analytics data warehouse contains over 3.5 million merchants representing more than 40% of all merchants in the US processing nearly $1 Trillion in annualized credit and debit card volume
8. TSG often speaks on industry trends and has been quoted recently in national media, such as: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Yahoo! Finance, CNBC, and Forbes
9. TSG has produced over 150 payments industry specific eReports (whitepapers) and analyses
10. NewsFilter, TSG’s weekly payments industry digest, celebrated its 500th edition this month and was distributed to over 40,000 Fintech professionals
Click here to read more.