This week, Vegas was host to ETA’s TRANSACT 17 – a showcase of payments innovation and the industry’s most powerful opportunity to network. The show was well attended, with over 4,000 attendees from more than 25 countries.
In Case You Missed It:
- To kick off the show, ETA/TSG developed an infographic titled Why Are Electronic Payments Important to illuminate the crucial role that the industry plays in driving healthy economic growth and sustainability throughout the U.S. Check it out here.
- Wednesday, ETA/TSG released a TRANSACT Special Report: U.S. Economic Indicators, further proving that electronic payments is the engine that runs the economy. Click here to sign into the ETA member portal for access.
- Thursday, TSG released a selection of results from its recent market survey in order to gauge consumer sentiment of major U.S. card brands, and related technologies, in terms of trust and usage. Check it out here.
Heard At The Show:
- EMV chatter seemed to take a backseat in discussions this year
- ISVs continue to be a major discussion point as more companies look to build ISV strategies going forward
- Omni-channel – one of the biggest buzzwords around the show – it’s here, are we ready?
- The idea of connected cars was heavily discussed as industry players look for the best way to integrate payments
- Durbin has appeared in the forefront of many discussions again – many merchant acquirers are showing concern for what it might mean
- Big data – as important as ever in terms of the need to effectively manage a portfolio
- Gateways are more concerned than ever about how they stack up against the growing list of competition
Check out TSG’s Twitter for more highlights from T17!