Click here to read TransactionWatch | Subscribe to TransactionWatch
M&A activity across the payments landscape picks up steam as we near the end of the year. To kick things off, Shift4 disclosed in their latest quarterly filing their acquisition of Online Payments Group AG (dba SecurionPay). SecurionPay is a European payments gateway the processes approximately 300 million annual transactions. This acquisition largely supports Shift4’s international expansion efforts across the European region as well as drives further eCommerce growth. In total, Shift4 paid $125.9 million in consideration value. Separately, NMI announced last week their acquisition of Agreement Express’s payments solutions for an undisclosed sum. This division of Agreement Express includes their onboarding, underwriting and risk monitoring solutions. The addition of this payments unit builds upon NMI’s enrollment and onboarding capabilities, further streamlining processes for their channel partners. The private equity group, Frontier Growth, will continue to own Agreement Express’s wealth management business line.
In other M&A news, Coupa Software announced their definitive agreement to be acquired by Thoma Bravo for an enterprise value of $8 billion. The value of this deal represents a 77% premium on Coupa’s closing stock price on November 22nd. This acquisition is expected to close in the first half of 2023.
You might also like…
- M&A Winter is Coming – Commentary by Jim Zipursky, Chairman & CEO of Corporate Finance Associates Worldwide, a Strategic M&A Partner of TSG.
- TSG Acquires Software Company Global NetWatch – The addition of Global NetWatch reinforces TSG’s commitment to providing clients with impactful, value-added services.
- Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers, sponsored by FIS – TSG’s most comprehensive report on U.S. merchant acquirers, featuring over 9,000 data points on more than 320 companies; covering national leaders to regional ISOs.
- Executive Interviews – we regularly sit down and discuss payments with executives throughout the payments ecosystem.
- TSG Services – need support? We support the industry with a unique combination of expertise, deep analytics, and unparalleled intelligence.