M&A activity across the payments industry is off to a strong start as we begin the new year. To kick things off, Nuvei announced this week their agreement to acquire Paya in an all-cash transaction for a total consideration value of approximately $1.3 billion. This purchase price represents a 25% premium to Paya’s closing stock price on January 6th. With this acquisition, Nuvei will be able to enhance their ISV and B2B capabilities, accelerate their growth across the U.S., and expand into new and existing market verticals, particularly healthcare, B2B, and nonprofit. This transaction is expected to close by the end of the first quarter. Separately, American Express announced today (Jan. 12th) their agreement to acquire Nipendo, a B2B payments platform catered for global businesses. This deal follows Amex’s acquisition of acompay in 2019 as well as their recently announced B2B solution, Amex Business Link. Following the closing of this transaction, Amex plans to integrate Nipendo’s team and product solutions across their business offerings.
In other M&A news, i3 Verticals announced their acquisition of Accufund, an accounting solutions provider geared toward government entities and nonprofits. This acquisition largely supports i3 Vertical’s ability to expand across their existing market presence within the public sector.
You might also like…
- M&A Winter is Coming – Commentary by Jim Zipursky, Chairman & CEO of Corporate Finance Associates Worldwide, a Strategic M&A Partner of TSG.
- TSG Acquires Software Company Global NetWatch – The addition of Global NetWatch reinforces TSG’s commitment to providing clients with impactful, value-added services.
- Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers, sponsored by FIS – TSG’s most comprehensive report on U.S. merchant acquirers, featuring over 9,000 data points on more than 320 companies; covering national leaders to regional ISOs.
- Executive Interviews – we regularly sit down and discuss payments with executives throughout the payments ecosystem.
- TSG Services – need support? We support the industry with a unique combination of expertise, deep analytics, and unparalleled intelligence.