Click here to read TransactionWatch | Subscribe to TransactionWatch
The payments industry remains resilient with M&A activity as several new deal announcements occur in the first half of November. To kick things off, the private equity firm Integrum announced this week they have completed the sale of MerchantE to Opn, a payments provider located in Southeast Asia. Integrum initially acquired MerchantE earlier this February. During this period, MerchantE has brought in new leadership and has redefined their platform as well as integrated with new ISVs. With Opn’s acquisition, the combined company will process more than $19 billion in payment volume across 20,000 businesses this year. Separately, Fortis announced their acquisition of Payment Logistics, an ISO based out of California. With this acquisition, Fortis is able to expand their embedded payment partnerships while also adding thousands of merchants to their client base. As this deal unfolds, Fortis and Payment Logistics will work toward combining their platforms into a unified offering.
In other M&A news, Worldline announced last week their intention to acquire the merchant acquiring activities of Banco Desio, a European banking group. This acquisition includes approximately 15,000 merchants processing roughly $2 billion in payment volume annually.
You might also like…
- Available Now: 2022 Payment Gateway Directory – This resource includes 110+ payment gateway providers from large international players, to regional startups; covering 3,500+ data points.
- TSG Acquires Software Company Global NetWatch – The addition of Global NetWatch reinforces TSG’s commitment to providing clients with impactful, value-added services.
- Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers, sponsored by FIS – TSG’s most comprehensive report on U.S. merchant acquirers, featuring over 9,000 data points on more than 320 companies; covering national leaders to regional ISOs.
- Executive Interviews – we regularly sit down and discuss payments with executives throughout the payments ecosystem.
- TSG Services – need support? We support the industry with a unique combination of expertise, deep analytics, and unparalleled intelligence.
|Zach Spellman |