Click here to read TransactionWatch | Subscribe to TransactionWatch
M&A activity across the payments industry has picked up traction within the past two weeks with several new deal announcements. To kick things off, Bluefin announced this week their acquisition of TECS Payment Systems, an omnichannel platform provider for acquirers and ISVs. With this acquisition, Bluefin will integrate TECS’s capabilities into their existing suite of payment and data security solutions. Together, the companies will serve 34,000 merchants and grow their global partner network to nearly 300. Separately, Worldline announced last week the closing of their 55% stake in the Warsaw-based fintech provider, SoftPos.eu. With this majority stake, Worldline is launching a new solution internationally that allows merchants to accept payments using an Android smartphone or tablet. Worldline will leverage their existing portfolio to offer this new solution to their merchant base.
In other M&A news, Fiserv announced they have sold their Systems Integration Services unit as well as their Costa Rica division to Infinite Computer Solutions. This business unit provides IT services such as cloud and infrastructure, application development, and automation technologies.
You might also like…
- TSG Acquires Software Company Global NetWatch – The addition of Global NetWatch reinforces TSG’s commitment to providing clients with impactful, value-added services.
- TSG’s Take: Global Payments’ Acquisition of EVO Payments – In light of this announcement, TSG experts have prepared a brief analysis focusing on several key topics.
- Directory of U.S. Merchant Acquirers, sponsored by FIS – TSG’s most comprehensive report on U.S. merchant acquirers, featuring over 9,000 data points on more than 320 companies; covering national leaders to regional ISOs.
- Executive Interviews – we regularly sit down and discuss payments with executives throughout the payments ecosystem.
- TSG Services – need support? We support the industry with a unique combination of expertise, deep analytics, and unparalleled intelligence.