The Strawhecker Group (TSG) and the Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) surveyed U.S. consumers to understand spending habits, payments preferences, and opinions on emerging payment technologies this holiday season.
Read some of the highlights below and download TSG and ETA’s infographic, Consumer Spend Sparks Holiday Cheer.
- 78% of respondents plan to spend the same or more than they did last year, a 14% increase from last year’s poll
- 56% are worried about shipping delays and 47% are worried about the safety of shopping in-store due to COVID
- Spending data shows a 14% increase in total transactions year-over-year, according to TSG’s Acquiring Industry Metrics (AIM) platform
- Plus, consumers are spending almost 7% more on their retail eCommerce transactions year-over-year
- 84% of consumers plan to shop online, but almost as many, 72%, will spend time shopping in-person
- 67% of BNPL users plan to keep using these services this year, compared to 48% last year, meaning popularity has grown 19%!