Still, this is just the beginning of a lengthy migration process, says Jared Drieling, business intelligence manager at The Strawhecker Group, a management consulting company focused on the global electronic payments industry. “There are pluses and minuses associated with EMV but all in all, we need to view this as the starting line versus a deadline,” he says. “I don’t think that this confusion is a bad omen for EMV’s future – this is a large and complicated migration, so it will take time.
- Elavon Makes Acquisition | Bitcoin Plummets | Macy’s Hacked
- What PayPal’s Acquisition of Honey Means for Its E-Commerce Plans
- Citi Helps Clients Collect Cross-Border B2B Payments with a New Platform, Citi® Global Collect
- Keeping a Pulse on the Payment Gateway Market
- Elavon to acquire Sage Pay, a gateway that competes with Stripe, PayPal and Adyen, for $300M
- PayPal Pulls Out of Pornhub
- Are You Ready for 2020?
- U.S. Holiday Sales Could Top $1 Trillion, With Mobile Payments Growing 32%
- Rapyd unveils Singapore platform to help firms go cashless
- The Monetization of Software Volume Gold Rush