After two delays, processor Vantiv Inc. and London-based merchant acquirer Worldpay Group plc finally announced a formal deal Wednesday that has Vantiv acquiring Worldpay in a deal that creates a global processing powerhouse. “For Vantiv, the merger brings diversification from a geography and merchant-concentration perspective,” Jared Drieling, Director of Business Intelligence at TSG, tells Digital Transactions News by email. “Clearly, the deal provides Vantiv with international capabilities, and the top acquiring position in the United Kingdom. The merger also provides Vantiv some diversification within its existing merchant portfolio.”
- TransactionWatch – Week of July 19th – July 23rd
- Bitcoin = World Peace?
- TSG Announces Shopping Cart Provider of the Year
- Capchase raises $280M to scale its financing platform for subscription businesses
- Venmo finally ditches controversial feature over privacy concerns
- Shift4 Payments Announces Proposed Public Offering of Class A Common Stock
- New EU tax rules stand to stimulate cross-border payments for U.S. merchants
- TransactionWatch – Week of July 12th – July 16th
- Square Announces New Business
- Billtrust Expands Accounts Receivable and Integrated B2B Payments Capability with KONE Inc.