The Strawhecker Group (TSG) is pleased to recognize a selection of payments providers for their exceptional API offering. Read the press release.
Powered by TSG’s Gateway Enterprise Metrics (GEM) platform*, the “Best of Breed” assessment was performed to rank gateways’ API offerings across three major areas: understandability, functionality, and the need for technical assistance. As a third-party, acting as a developer, TSG analyzed documentation to understand and score the different APIs’ features and functionality.
Overall API Assessment – EpicPay
- TSG evaluates payment gateway’s total API offering for payment industry functionality and feasibility. EpicPay is receiving this award due to their aggregate score across the subsets of APIs, response codes, and versioning.
- Runner-Up: U.S. eCom Platform (Worldpay from FIS)
APIs Offered – EpicPay
- TSG evaluates a gateway’s documentation for its offering of competitive and standard APIs. EpicPay is receiving this award due to their competitive APIs offered, and descriptive and logical formatting.
- Runner-Ups: Access Worldpay and Express (Worldpay from FIS) / Adyen
API Response Codes – Braintree
- TSG evaluates a gateway’s documentation for response codes that are self-explanatory of the issue(s) presented and provides detail that gives a developer an easy resolution. Braintree is receiving this award due to their excellent response codes that are descriptive, self-explanatory, and categorized appropriately.
- Runner-Ups: EpicPay / U.S. eCom Platform (Worldpay from FIS)
TSG’s GEM platform annually honors leading payment providers. Past winners have included companies such as Authorize.Net (A Visa Solution), Elavon, Square, Shopify and WePay (A Chase Company).
*GEM is the only tool in the market that benchmarks from the merchant, developer and gateway performance perspective. Current subscribers account for an estimated 66% of all payment gateway volume in the U.S. Learn more about GEM.
Companies and/or products considered for any TSG awards may or may not include clients of TSG and does not necessarily represent all companies or products in the market. This analysis is based upon information we consider reliable, but its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. Information provided is not all inclusive. All information listed is as available as of May 1, 2020. The Strawhecker Group (TSG) is not and/or may not be endorsed, sponsored by, or in any other way affiliated with the any companies or their logos illustrated in this presentation. The trademarks shown are registered and their own. This document has not been prepared by any entity displayed.