The announced merger of Priority Payment Systems and Cynergy Data will create the 21st largest (est.) U.S. acquirer with more than 125,000 merchants and $20 billion in annual card volume. The merger propels the new Priority into a select group of the largest super-ISOs which include TransFirst, EVO Payments International, iPayment, North American Bancard, CardConnect and First American Payment SystemsTSG’s Thoughts & Analysis on Priority Payments Merger with Cynergy Data.
- TransactionWatch – Week of March 1st – March 5th
- Square (Hip) Hops Into Streaming With Stake in Tidal
- Bitfinex launches cryptocurrency payment gateway for merchants
- Shift4 Payments Announces Acquisition of VenueNext to Power Sports Stadiums, Entertainment Venues and Theme Parks
- Square acquires majority of Tidal, Jay-Z’s streaming service, in $297 million deal.
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks will accept dogecoin for tickets and merchandise
- Credit Card Killer? Buy Now, Pay Later Booms With Young Americans
- Twitter tests new eCommerce features for tweets
- Indonesian payments infra startup Xendit raises $64.6M in Accel-led Series B
- TransactionWatch – Week of February 22nd – February 26th