Household Appliance Stores, Lumber & Building Stores, and Automotive Tire Stores will be among the “winners” in December consumer spending, according to ETA’s U.S. Retail Holiday Spending Report Card, powered by TSG. TSG used predictive modeling to relatively “grade” estimated credit/debit same store sales for the month of December, which established the winners. The data leveraged is sourced from TSG’s data warehouse of over 3.5 million card-accepting merchants in the U.S. and the modeling utilized 57 consecutive months of spending by merchant type (MCC code).
- Stripe moves into in-store payments
- China UnionPay reveals plans to take on Visa, Mastercard in Europe
- TSG Served as Portfolio Advisor to Talus in its Acquisition of Prolific Business Solutions
- The Crypto Crash of 2018
- Mastercard partners with Microsoft in an attempt to boost services offerings
- TSG Big Data: Profitability of Merchants in the U.S.
- TSG in Digital Transactions: Gateway Operators Slice Transaction Time in Half As Uptime Average Nears 100%
- Hackers “Take Off” with British Airways Data
- Elavon Acquires Virginia-Based Electronic Transaction Systems
- Payments Vs. Sports – Perspective in Valuations