Household Appliance Stores, Lumber & Building Stores, and Automotive Tire Stores will be among the “winners” in December consumer spending, according to ETA’s U.S. Retail Holiday Spending Report Card, powered by TSG. TSG used predictive modeling to relatively “grade” estimated credit/debit same store sales for the month of December, which established the winners. The data leveraged is sourced from TSG’s data warehouse of over 3.5 million card-accepting merchants in the U.S. and the modeling utilized 57 consecutive months of spending by merchant type (MCC code).
- Bitcoin is Swinging Wildly…Again
- Now Available: Braintree Company Analysis
- BofA/First Data Breaking Up?
- Square Not Worried About Industry’s Mergers
- ETA/TSG U.S. Spending Snapshot: Consumer Spending Via Electronic Payments Sees Growth in Q4 2018 Year-Over-Year
- Happenings @ TSG – Spring 2019
- Toast Challenges First Data in Restaurant POS Market
- Shopify unveils a new lineup of retail hardware
- Visa partners FIS to push DLT-based platform for international corporate payments
- TSG Big Data: Profitability of Merchants in the U.S.